Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

My mom is a never ending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie HarmonI know it sounds chiche but my mom really is the best mom in the history of the world. She has the amazing ability to make each of her kids feel as if they are her absolute favorite. I'm convinced that I'm her most favorite but I'm pretty sure my sister and brother feel the same way! She loves us with the most unselfish and sacrificial love. Now that I'm a mom, I understand the sacrifices that she must have made for us. I understand all the things that she went without to make sure we had everything we needed and most of the things we wanted. She didn't work when we were little and I now understand what a blessing that was for us. She was always there for us....what am I saying...she IS always there for us!! Not a day goes by that I don't wonder at least once, "what would my mom do in this situation?" She's my role model, my measuring stick. I want to be a mom like her. I hope I make my kids feel half as special as she makes me feel everyday. Our relationship has evolved over the years and I'm happy to say that I love her more everyday. She is my mom and my friend and I am blessed.




And I am blessed because nearly 7 years ago God gave me the incredible privilege of becoming a mom to the two most amazing children in the big wide world! They are my absolute joy! The trials and challenges are outweighed a million times over by the love and laughter they fill my life with. I LOVE THEM!!!

No comments: