Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Happy 18th

Someday I'll fly
Someday I'll soar

Someday I'll be something much more


Cause I'm bigger than my body gives me credit for



From the moment I heard this song I knew it was about Brandon. His spirit and his personality have always been so much bigger than the sweet little body it was crammed into.

"Watch me! Watch me!" That refrain echoes through his childhood.
"Watch me jump off this swing!"

"Watch me ollie this curb!"

"Watch me jump this ramp on my bike!"

"Mom! Watch me!"

Although overwhelming at the time, they are now one of the sweetest pieces of my memory. He's 18 today and I continue to watch him. I watch him grow and develop and mature every day. I watch him making big decissions and wrestle with life choices. I watch him laugh and struggle and I still watch him play.
My prayer for him is that he will choose wisdom over wealth, love over fear, and that he will know I will always be here to watch him.

No comments: