Sunday, March 15, 2009

Cake with Gramma

Grandmas are moms with lots of frosting. ~Author Unknown

We had the best weekend! Friday night my mom and dad came over for dinner. Much to Jenny's delight my mom brought a special family recipe that had been passed down from my grandma many years ago for a one pan, better than you've ever tasted chocolate cake and no fail 7 minute icing! This is the yummy marshmallowy fluffy white frosting from my childhood! There was much anticipation. After dinner Jenny and Gramma moved into the kitchen and made magic! It was so precious to watch my mom and my daughter cooking a recipe from my grandmother in my very own kitchen. I could not have been more blessed! When all was said and done the cake was an absolute masterpiece! These are the priceless memories that make our lives so rich.

No comments: