Sunday, March 22, 2009

Happy Birthday

She is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities. She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark. She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink. Some days, she's the reason you wish you were an only child.-- Barbara Alpert

Today is my sister's 33rd birthday! We spent the afternoon at my parents house eating and laughing as we shared our favorite memories and went through old family photos. Brandy and I shared so much growing up including a bedroom! And although we are so very different, we are bound by a common love for each other. No one I know has more get up and go than Brandy! Constant motion and boundless energy make her who she is. She is a devoted friend, tireless advocate for her family, amazingly creative and loving mother, and the planner that keeps our family coming together. She plans trips, organizes meals, calls us, feeds us and loves my kids like no one else could! I can't imagine my life without her and I'm so blessed to call her sister and friend.
Happy Birthday my one-of-a-kind Sister!

Did I mention that for her birthday dinner my sister wanted a dessert sampler from Larsons Bakery?

No comments: